Re: [HTCondor-users] condor: Error parsing classad or job not found

Hi Adam,

> On Feb 13, 2015, at 2:26 PM, Simpson, Adam B. <simpsonab@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> One thing that may be important is that "qstat" alone does not work on this host, a special argument is required that essentially specifies the queue for qstat to use.

Yes, this special argument will certainly make the condor <-> PBS interaction not work.  The only way I know of fixing this is to manually edit the script that queries pbs to add the correct argument.

The location of the correct file will depend on how you installed Condor.  It will either be  /usr/libexec/condor/glite/pbs_status.sh or /usr/libexec/blahp/pbs_status.sh.

Search the file for "qstat", there should be a line similar to:
result=`${pbs_binpath}/qstat -f $reqjob 2>$staterr`

There, you can add the "special argument" that is required to qstat correctly.  Feel free to run the command:
$ qstat <special_argument> -f <jobid>
to make sure it works.

I know this is not an ideal situation, but this is the first time I've seen the need for a special argument to qstat to view the status of a job.

-Derek