Re: [HTCondor-users] prepare job hook anyone?

On 02/19/2015 04:45 PM, Ben Cotton wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 5:41 PM, Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> The only bit that's missing so far is a way for a job to ask for
>> machines where the hook is configured.
>
> There may be a fancier way to do it, but one way is to set an
> attribute and have the startd publish it
>
> HasMyAwesomeJobHook = True
> STARTD_ATTRS = $(STARTD_ATTRS), HasMyAwesomeJobHook
>

> Then in the job, you can include
>
> HasMyAwesomeJobHook =?= True
>
> in your Requirements.

Yeah, but that's no different from 'requirements = (machine ==
"host.that.has.my.offsum.hook")' -- well, except that your way requires
editing both condor config and job submit files.

No, it should work the way the manual says it does, that makes sense.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin