Re: [HTCondor-users] START = FALSE still fails (condor_config_val request refused)

Perhaps there is a higher priority config file setting
ENABLE_RUNTIME_CONFIG = TRUE?  What does this command output?

condor_config_val -v ENABLE_RUNTIME_CONFIG

A blurb from the HTCondor Manual:

ENABLE_RUNTIME_CONFIG
The condor_config_val tool has an option -rset for dynamically
setting run time configuration values, and which only affect the
in-memory configuration variables. Because of the potential
security implications of this feature, by default, HTCondor
daemons will not honor these requests. To use this
functionality, HTCondor administrators must specifically enable
it by setting ENABLE_RUNTIME_CONFIG to True, and specify what
configuration variables can be changed using the
SETTABLE_ATTRS... family of configuration options. Defaults to
False.

SETTABLE_ATTRS_<PERMISSION-LEVEL>
All macros that begin with SETTABLE_ATTRS or
<SUBSYS>.SETTABLE_ATTRS are settings used to restrict the
configuration values that can be changed using the
condor_config_val command. Section 3.6.9 on Setting up
IP/Host-Based Security in HTCondor for details on these macros
and how to configure them. In particular, section 3.6.9 on page
[*] contains details specific to these macros.

Possibly add the following to your config if it isn't there
already:

SETTABLE_ATTRS_CONFIG = START

I haven't tried it, just throwing it out there as a possibility.

-Moate