condor_config_val -dump will only show attributes that are read by the config system. you should NOT expect to see attributes set by crondor (startd cron?) in the output of condor_config_val -dump.

Thus it's not clear from your question whether this script is a configuration script or something else.

-tj

On 6/2/2015 10:41 AM, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:
On 2015-06-01 14:39, John (TJ) Knoeller wrote:
does condor_config_val -config show that /tmp/hasdb.log is being read?

No, why would it be read? I added it after to check that the job actually runs. The original was 'echo "HAS_DB=..."'

When I saw that wasn't working I added (not changed) "echo ... >> /tmp/hasdb.log"

The timestamp and the contents on /tmp/hasdb.log tell *me* the job is working as it should. It was never intended for condor_config_val, that should publish the 'echo "HAS_DB=..."'.

Dimitri