Re: [HTCondor-users] hostname empty on node restart

On 6/4/15 11:23 AM, Yngve Inntjore Levinsen wrote:
> This delay is a bit longer than you suggest, but it doesn't matter to us
> if we lose 30 seconds of simulation time after a startup. It also avoids
> the while loop (e.g. if network cable disconnected?). If anyone would
> manually run 'service condor start' they would not be affected by this
> delay.

I've had to clean up after too many disasters caused by assumptions
about resources that weren't available. I'd much rather have the init
script stuck in a loop than have it continue into a mess. But that's me.
If a 30 second delay works for you then it works for you. Done and done.

--
Rich Pieri <ratinox@xxxxxxx>
MIT Laboratory for Nuclear Science