From: HTCondor-users [mailto:htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ben Cotton
Sent: 16 June 2015 04:24
To: HTCondor-Users Mail List
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] Using Torque/PBS with HTCondor

Andrew,

I'm not entirely clear what you have in mind. Are you looking to use HTCondor to scavenge cycles from the PBS cluster when it's idle? When I was at Purdue, we did something like that and documented it in the HTCondor wiki:

https://htcondor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/wiki?p=HowToScavengeCycles

We ran the central manager on the PBS server and schedulers on the PBS front ends, though there's no reason you _have_ to architect it that way.

If you want to use a condor_schedd on the Windows instances to submit _to_ the PBS scheduler, you'll want to look at the grid universe:
http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/manual/v8.2/5_3Grid_Universe.html#SECTION00635000000000000000

or BOSCO:
http://bosco.opensciencegrid.org/

Thanks,