Re: [HTCondor-users] Only Match Machines Idle for > N Seconds

On 11/4/2015 4:05 PM, William Strecker-Kellogg wrote:
Hi,

I wanted to restrict jobs to only match machines that have been quiet for more
than 5 minutes, by putting

Requirements = (CurrentTime - EnteredCurrentState > 300)

in my job description. Interestingly, the match is made successfully, but it
looks like the expression is evaluated again once the match is made and after
EnteredCurrentState is updated, rendering it false and the job fails to start:

11/04/15 16:49:51 (pid:14409) slot3: Job Requirements check failed!

Does anybody have an idea of a way to accomplish this that would work?

I think the issue is your slot is going from Unclaimed state to Matched state as soon as the negotiator makes a match. Then when the schedd comes along to claim the slot, the Requirements expression is false because Match state was entered less than 5 minutes ago.

My guess is your expression above could be easily made to if you inserted the following into the condor_config on your central manager (and did a reconfig):

# This knob must be set in the negotiator's configuration. It prevents
# slots from going into matched state.
NEGOTIATOR_INFORM_STARTD = false

I have faith the above will work for you since what you want to do is just a simpler case of the HOWTO at
https://htcondor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/wiki?p=HowToMatchMulticoreAfterDrain

best regards,
Todd

Thanks,