Re: [HTCondor-users] Which Java (32 or 64 bits) is available on execution node?

On 11/5/2015 10:03 AM, kschwarz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi all,

Is there any way to know which Java Platform (32 or 64bits) is available
on an Execute Machine?
There are some ClassAds related to Java informations but I have not
found any telling anyone with this information.

HasJava = true
JavaVendor = "Sun Microsystems Inc."
JavaSpecificationVersion = "1.6"
JavaMFlops = 512.064392
JavaVersion = "1.6.0_17"

The Machine Arch does not help because Java 32bits can be installed on a
64bit machine .

For right now, I think you'd have to write a startd daemon classad hook (sometimes called a "HawkEye" script) that runs a small shell/batch script to publish a custom attribute. See http://is.gd/Rnur4I. A way to determine which JVM you have installed (32 or 64) from the command line is available at http://is.gd/F3Oq5X

If this is something people commonly want to do, we could add this functionality into a future HTCondor release....

regards
Todd