Re: [HTCondor-users] reconfigure a specific startd daemon using python bindings

On Nov 9, 2015, at 8:51 AM, greg.corbett@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi

I am trying to reconfigure a worker nodes startd daemon using the python bindings, but I canât seem to figure it out from the documentation.

I can reconfigure the master daemon using the following:

masterd = coll.locate(htcondor.DaemonTypes.Master, machineName)
htcondor.send_command(startd, htcondor.DaemonCommands.Reconfig)

but when I try and have it just reconfigure the startd daemon with:

startd = coll.locate(htcondor.DaemonTypes.Startd, machineName)
htcondor.send_command(startd, htcondor.DaemonCommands.Reconfig)

I get the error âValueError: Unable to find daemon.â

Hi Greg,

This message indicates that the failure occurs when trying to resolve a TCP endpoint for the daemon (i.e., hasnât even tried to talk to the startd yet)*.

Typically, this indicates that there is no âMyAddressâ attribute in the startd ad; do you see it present?

Brian

* For condor devs - the Daemon objectâs locate() method has failed.