[HTCondor-users] reconfigure a specific startd daemon using python bindings

Hi

I am trying to reconfigure a worker nodes startd daemon using the python bindings, but I can’t seem to figure it out from the documentation.

I can reconfigure the master daemon using the following:

masterd = coll.locate(htcondor.DaemonTypes.Master, machineName)

htcondor.send_command(startd, htcondor.DaemonCommands.Reconfig)

but when I try and have it just reconfigure the startd daemon with:

startd = coll.locate(htcondor.DaemonTypes.Startd, machineName)

htcondor.send_command(startd, htcondor.DaemonCommands.Reconfig)

I get the error “ValueError: Unable to find daemon.”

Any suggestions?

Greg