Re: [HTCondor-users] reconfigure a specific startd daemon

Thanks Todd, the name of the condor_startd daemon was indeed slot1@machineName.

Message: 4
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2015 11:16:54 -0600
From: Todd Tannenbaum <tannenba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: HTCondor-Users Mail List <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] reconfigure a specific startd daemon
	using python bindings

On 11/9/2015 8:51 AM, greg.corbett@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to reconfigure a worker nodes startd daemon using the
> python bindings, but I can?t seem to figure it out from the documentation.
>
> I can reconfigure the master daemon using the following:
>
> /masterd = coll.locate(htcondor.DaemonTypes.Master, machineName)/
>
> /htcondor.send_command(startd, htcondor.DaemonCommands.Reconfig)/
>
> but when I try and have it just reconfigure the startd daemon with:
>
> /startd = coll.locate(htcondor.DaemonTypes.Startd, machineName)/
>
> /htcondor.send_command(startd, htcondor.DaemonCommands.Reconfig)/
>
> I get the error ?ValueError: Unable to find daemon.?
>
> Any suggestions?

Just a guess, but by default, the "Name" of the condor_master daemon on a machine named X is X, but the Name of the condor_startd daemon on a machine named X is not X, but it will be slot1@X, slot2@x, etc. Take a look at the "Name" attribute with condor_status of the daemon ads you are trying to locate.

Also be aware that when the condor_master receives a reconfig command, it will forward that reconfig to all its children, so sending a reconfig to the master will also reconfig the startd.

regards
Todd