[HTCondor-users] Submit Requirements and condor_qedit

Hi all,

We are thinking about using the new submit requirement features (now we use "START" conditions in execution nodes to enforce policies), and we wonder what would happen if we try something like this:

SUBMIT_REQUIREMENT_NAMES=$(SUBMIT_REQUIREMENT_NAMES),MAXMEM
SUBMIT_REQUIREMENT_MAXMEM=TARGET.RequestMemory < 8192
SUBMIT_REQUIREMENT_MAXMEM_REASON="The memory requested exceeds the maximum"

and then a user submits a job requesting 4Gb of RAM, and before it starts running runs:

condor_qedit 12345 RequestMemory 10240

Would that be allowed? And if so... should it?

Best,

Joan