Re: [HTCondor-users] Referencing job attributes in START expression

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 5:46 AM, Brian Candler <b.candler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Brian,

> There are examples for the RANK expression which suggest the job classAd is
> the local classAd:
> so does this apply to the START expression too?

I believe so. For example, one of our customers sometimes moves a few
execute nodes from a pool off to the side for testing. The START
expression is changed to:

  START = WantIsolated == True

And the jobs that should run there add:

  +WantIsolated = True

in the submission file.

> P.S. I have noted from the documentation that I also have to set IS_OWNER =
> False if I include job classAds in the START expression

If the nodes are effectively dedicated execute nodes, then you don't
need to. If you're using some policy to prevent jobs from running
under certain conditions, it does look like that's the case.

--
Ben Cotton
main: 888.292.5320

Cycle Computing