Re: [HTCondor-users] Questions about HTCondor submit file

Hi, Mr Brian,It works very well.
Thank you very much for your help.
Best wishes to you.

在 2015-10-18 18:27:41,"Brian Candler" <b.candler@xxxxxxxxx> 写道:
On 18/10/2015 08:30, HTCondor wrote:
    Hi all:
     I have two questions about HTCondor submit description file,Can anybody help me?
    The first question is : If I want to run the Linux shell command as follows:
     shellcommand  arg1 "arg2:arg3='dfdfd':arg4" arg5
     Especially there are signle quote inside double quote. How to write the submit description file?Can anybody help me?Thank you very much.

This is explained at http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/manual/current/condor_submit.html#man-condor-submit-arguments

Here are the rules for using the new syntax:

  1. The entire string representing the command line arguments is surrounded by double quote marks. This permits the white space characters of spaces and tabs to potentially be embedded within a single argument. Putting the double quote mark within the arguments is accomplished by escaping it with another double quote mark.
  2. The white space characters of spaces or tabs delimit arguments.
  3. To embed white space characters of spaces or tabs within a single argument, surround the entire argument with single quote marks.
  4. To insert a literal single quote mark, escape it within an argument already delimited by single quote marks by adding another single quote mark.

So for your example:
arguments = "arg1 'arg2:arg3=''dfdfd'':arg4' arg5"

   The second question is:If the shellcommand will create several output files,such as many file in one directory,They have the same prefix such as abc_
   I dont know how to write the submit description file for the output files.

By default, all output files which your command creates will be transferred back to the originator. If you want to selectively return them, use the "transfer_output_files = <file1,file2,...>" option, described on the same web page linked above. You can list a directory, and all files in that directory will be returned.

Regards,

Brian.