Re: [HTCondor-users] exclude a domain ?

"HTCondor-users" <htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 10/19/2015 07:50:22 AM:

> Please pardon my asking this instead of just testing it which I will have
> to do anyway.
> But I would like to get it right the first time.
> Is function "regexp" full featured so that it will accept something like:
>    requirements = regexp("<123\.456\.|123.45.67.8",StartdIpAddr)==False
> or
>    requirements = regexp("<123\.456\.|123.[0-9]+.67.8",StartdIpAddr)==False
>
> Is there a limit to the length of the string?

HTCondor uses Perl-Compatible Regular Expressions - the PCRE library - so
you have all the options you'd have in a Perl script, including |, +,
character ranges, and everything else.

Having started with regexps on UNIX System III, I still sometimes wind up
with over-complicated expressions that don't use all the newfangled regexp
doohickeys. :-)

Any length limitation would be imposed by PCRE, and as I recall it's too
large to make a difference in nearly all use cases.

        -Michael Pelletier.