Re: [HTCondor-users] Problem accessing htcondor-devel archives

On 9/14/2015 9:10 AM, Brian Candler wrote:
I am trying to access the htcondor-devel mailing list archives.

[snip]

However as soon as I click on that, I'm redirected to
https://idp.cs.wisc.edu/idp/Authn/UserPassword
which requires a "University of Wisconsin-Madison Computer Sciences
Department Login"

Is this intentional??

Nope, it is not intentional. I just changed it so the archive for this list is public.

Also you may be interested to know the list is also archived at gmane.org, which has a much nicer archive interface. See

 http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.distributed.condor.devel

Note that gmane also keeps htcondor-users, at URL

 http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.distributed.condor.user

I added the above links to the HTCondor email list web page at
 http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/mail-lists/

Since many of the core developers are co-located at UW-Madison, the htcondor-devel email list does not get anywhere as much traffic as htcondor-users. Much of the thinking/plans for upcoming releases takes the form of development tickets in wiki.htcondor.org; for instance, this URL shows all the tickets associated with each release (including planned releases):
  http://wiki.htcondor.org/index.cgi/wiki?p=ReleaseHistory

Hope this helps.

Thanks for reporting the problem and regards,
Todd