From: HTCondor-users <htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Marzieh Jahanbazi <marzieh84@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, September 14, 2015 7:26 PM
To: htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [HTCondor-users] Configuring windows based execution nodes (error 6001)

Hello all,
I am trying to configure my HTCondor on windows 7 machines. My Central machine configuration looks like this:

FULL_HOSTNAME = name.commerce.otago.ac.nz
CONDOR_HOST = $(FULL_HOSTNAME)
COLLECTOR_NAME = $(FULL_HOSTNAME)
UID_DOMAIN = commerce.otago.ac.nz
CONDOR_ADMIN = myemail
SMTP_SERVER =  smtp.staff.otago.ac.nz
ALLOW_READ = *
ALLOW_WRITE = $(CONDOR_HOST), *.otago.ac.nz , *.commerce.otago.ac.nz
ALLOW_ADMINISTRATOR = CM Machine full name
use POLICY : DESKTOP
WANT_VACATE = FALSE
WANT_SUSPEND = TRUE
DAEMON_LIST = MASTER SCHEDD COLLECTOR NEGOTIATOR STARTD KBDD

I did copy this file into directory of my execution node and I changed the local one in central machine to look like this:

COLLECTOR_NAME = $(CONDOR_HOST)
DAEMON_LIST    = MASTER SCHEDD COLLECTOR NEGOTIATOR STARTD KBDD

and on the execution node:

COLLECTOR_NAME = $(CONDOR_HOST)
DAEMON_LIST    = MASTER, STARTD

When I run condor_status on central machine I only can see 4 available slots on the central machine, it does not show any other node, but on the execution node it gives the communication error 6001.
CEDAR:6001:Failed to connect to <my cm ip:9618>
Is there anything else I should configure?

Regards,