Re: [HTCondor-users] How to know the number of times a job was proposed to the negotiator

Hi Brian, thanks for your clear and detailed answer.

kind regards,

Salvador

On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 10:09 PM, Brian Bockelman <bbockelm@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Salvador,

I donât think such a thing easily exists; if it did, it would give you unsatisfactory answers. Hereâs why:

1) As a claim may run multiple jobs, a job may run without being sent to the negotiator.
2) The schedd doesnât send a job to the negotiator but a âresource requestâ. The resource request is a stripped-down representation of one-or-more jobs (so, if I do âqueue 1000â in my submit file, this often results in only one âresource requestâ).

In fact, itâs possible for the schedd to be sent claims without the schedd sending any resource requests (of course, the negotiator doesnât do that - but you can with the new python bindings in the upcoming 8.5.0).

In older versions of condor, there was a 1-to-1 correspondence between requests sent to the negotiator and jobs. The relationship is fairly tenuous these days.

Brian