[HTCondor-users] flocking and firewalls

Hello HTCondor mavens

I am working on trying to set up flocking among a few USGS centers which are separated by firewalls. My question is, does anyone have a strategy for making the connection with minimal ports being open through the firewall? Or, is there a way that people recommend to make a secure connection for the HTCondor masters to communicate without exposing too much of a hole through the firewalls?

I looked through the tutorials and FAQs and didnât find much information about this specifically. I also saw the daemons to minimize the number of ports needed for running but it would help to be able to make the connection among HTCondor central managers without opening ports at all.

Thanks for any direction!

Cheers,
Mike Fienen
USGS Wisconsin Water Science Center