[HTCondor-users] local universe response

All,

We are using the local universe to launch our own DAG manager. These local universe jobs are created via a web interface.

The jobs vary greatly in duration, with some of them being very short (e.g. less than 10 seconds). For such jobs shaving some seconds from the overall response would be noticeable by our users. (I realize that such jobs may not be very amenable to condor...)

The manual says that local universe jobs are started immediately. How immediate is immediate? Do these jobs still wait for the next scheduling cycle?

Thanks,

Ben