Re: [HTCondor-users] Why does HTCondor replace my executable with condor_exec.exe on Linux?

On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 10:43 AM, Nathan W. Panike
<nathan.panike@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This is documented behavior
>
> https://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/manual/v8.4/2_15Potential_Problems.html
>
> On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 5:05 AM, Jason Liu <jason.liu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> When I condor_submit a job that tells it to run
>> /Volume/my/network/shared/drive/foo.a, it seems to run correctly. However
>> when I print argv[0], it shows condor_exec.exe instead of foo.a. This is
>> version 8.4.7 on Ubuntu 14.01.
>>
>> Why does HTCondor do this? Is this a bug?
>>
>> Reading the source code, it looks like OsProc::StartJob() is deliberately
>> replacing argv[0] with condor_exec.exe. Can someone explain this behaviour?

A better question would be, whether there is a way to turn it off?
Under 99% of our use cases i don't really care that argv[0] is
replaced, except when GPU's are concerned.

when you run nvidia-smi, instead of seeing which program is attached
to which gpu, it only shows the condor exec strings, which is
annoying, but doesn't actually impact anything