Re: [HTCondor-users] Preferring execute nodes that are seldomly used by the owner

Freidhelm,

There's the TotalTimeOwnerIdle attribute (see
http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/manual/latest/12_Appendix_A.html#sec:Machine-ClassAd-Attributes):
     The number of seconds that this machine (slot) has accumulated
within the owner idle state and activity pair since the condor_startd
began executing. This attribute will only be defined if it has a value
greater than 0.

So you could set a rank expression to prefer (1/TotalTimeOwnerIdle).
If you want to make it percentage-based instead of a count of seconds,
I'd define an attribute on your execute machines like:
    OwnerFactor = (CurrentTime - DaemonStartTime) / TotalTimeOwnerIdle

and then just rank based on OwnerFactor. With either of the above
suggestions, you might want to use an ifThenElse to prevent ending up
with an undefined value.

If you want to get _really_ fancy and collect data across daemon
starts, you can write a startd cron to write the slot state to a
round-robin database and return the percentage of time in owner state
as a classad attribute. That's probably not going to give you a very
good return on your effort unless your daemons restart a lot.