Re: [HTCondor-users] Trying to set-up DedicatedScheduler for parallel universe, but not preempting serial jobs

Hi

On 12/06/16 18:14, Jaime Frey wrote:
> For this setup to work, you will need ALLOW_PSLOT_PREEMPTION=True, since you want one 4-core request to preempt four 1-core requests.

Yepp, tried but that was not just enough - though I stumbled over that
option only by coincidence.

> It appears that pslot preemption doesnât work for parallel jobs, but that would be easy to fix. I will work on getting this in for a future release.

Great :)

> With the current release, setting ALLOW_PSLOT_PREEMPTION=False, your parallel job could request 8 single-core allocations, like this:
>   machine_count = 8
>   request_cpus = 1

Hmm, I thought I tried that (will try again tomorrow), but wouldn't that
only work with 8 different machines and get a single core each?

Cheers

Carsten