Re: [HTCondor-users] looking for a condor_q job control gui or web app

From: Mary Romelfanger <mary@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 02/04/2016 01:40 PM

> But the one piece that we are missing is the ability to monitor the
> condor_q, issue hold, release, and rm commands for specific jobs, and
> modify the job priority setting  via a gui or web application rather than
> the command line.

> I am finding guiâs/apps that parse and report information from the condor
> logs, but I am not seeing anything that allows for simple HTCondor
> commanding or controlling that is not buried within a full pipeline system
> of its own.   Meaning I think that something like Pegasus is much more
> than I am looking for.

You may be looking for something like Cumin, which is put out by Red Hat
as the MRG Management Console:

https://fedorahosted.org/grid/wiki/Cumin
http://tmckayus.github.io/blog/2012/09/24/new-post/

"""
Cumin is designed to meet the needs of a variety of Condor users.
Non-admin end users are given a streamlined interface to create and
manage their own submissions. The administrative views allow System

Admins to monitor pool resources and Condor infrastructure while
Operational Admins may be more interested in the workload running
on the pool. Cumin has development hooks which make it possible to
create customized presentations for different user and site profiles.
"""

If you want to develop something yourself, you should use the
Python bindings rather than system(condor_q), as it's much more
efficient and future-proof.

        -Michael Pelletier.