Re: [HTCondor-users] I can not run condor_master on the 2nd node

On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 09:52:53AM +0100, René Labounek wrote:
> And, how should I change this parameter? Only comment it and not to
> use it? Or set some specific IP address here?
>
> When I have commented the variable NETWORK_INTERFACE, the computers
> are not still communicating.
>
> labounek@node1:~$ sudo condor_reconfig
> Sent "Reconfig" command to local master
> labounek@node1:~$ sudo service condor start
> labounek@node1:~$ condor_status
> Error: communication error
> CEDAR:6001:Failed to connect to <node1_IP_adress:9618
> <http://172.19.37.11:9618>>
> labounek@node1:~$
>
> labounek@node2:~$ sudo condor_reconfig
> Can't connect to local master
> labounek@node2:~$
>
> Regards,
> Rene
>
> Dne 15.2.2016 v 09:21 Steffen Grunewald napsal(a):
> >
> ># the following settings will restrict HTCondor's network access to
> >the internal
> ># network
> >BIND_ALL_INTERFACES = FALSE
> >NETWORK_INTERFACE =  127.0.0.1
> >This is the local loopback interface - which cannot connect to any
> >other machine...
> >
> >># make HTCondor ignore UID domain name mismatch on systems without a fully
> >># qualified domain name (safe because the personal HTCondor does not allow
> >># remote access
> >>TRUST_UID_DOMAIN = TRUE

I see two options:
- use
	BIND_ALL_INTERFACES = True
  (that should work immediately, but perhaps is too permissive) or
- set NETWORK_INTERFACE to something that makes sense for your network setup, e.g.
	NETWORK_INTERFACE="172.19.37.*"
  (if that's the network both machines share)

- S