Re: [HTCondor-users] trouble get started

On 18/02/2016 13:29, Lee Gramling wrote:
Further investigation shows I was using this repo for my deb package:
deb http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/debian/stable/ squeeze contrib

Using the link that Brian gave, I tried to follow this page:
https://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/ubuntu/

but get this error when running apt-get update

W: Failed to fetch http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/ubuntu/stable/dists/trusty/InRelease Unable to find expected entry 'contrib/binary-i386/Packages' in Release file (Wrong sources.list entry or malformed file)

E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

There are only packages for amd64 (not i386) in this repository.

If you are running i386 (32-bit), then you need to reinstall with amd64. Most modern PC and server hardware is capable of running a 64-bit OS.

If you are running amd64 already, then change your sources.list line so it looks like this:

deb [arch=amd64] http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/ubuntu/stable/ precise contrib

I have seen problems in the past where Ubuntu tries to retrieve both i386 and amd64 packages from the package index, unless you tell it only amd64 is available.

Regards,

Brian.