[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [HTCondor-users] I can not run condor_master on the 2nd node
- Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 12:48:59 +0100
- From: Labounek RenÃ <xlabou01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] I can not run condor_master on the 2nd node
Cituji Todd Tannenbaum <tannenba@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
Couple quick thoughts -
1. First kill all condor process on the 2nd node; from the logs
below it looks like perhaps you had two instances of the
condor_master running, and they were conflicting with each other.
Be certain that
ps -auxw | grep condor
does not show anything.
2. At least on my nodes (SL6), the user "condor" has ownership and
write permissions (not just root) to the lock and run directories;
$ ls -ld /var/run/condor
drwxr-xr-x 2 condor condor 4096 Feb 26 15:54 /var/run/condor
$ ls -ld /var/lock/condor
drwxr-xr-x 4 condor condor 4096 Feb 26 16:17 /var/lock/condor
Thanks Todd very much for help. I killed all condor processes, then
changed the owner and group for those folders at condor, and restarted
Everything is running condor_master and condor_startd under user
condor. And condor_procd under user root. I hope it is ok.
Finally, I can see all cores available.
3. You may want to consider using the HTCondor Debian Repository, as
it tends to be updated w/ bug fixes etc faster than downstream
distros. See https://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/debian/
The HTcondor installed my profesor before. I have not speaking with
him yet. But I do not think that he would use different than standard
One more time, thanks a lot to all condor users who helped me.
Hope the above helps