Re: [HTCondor-users] New to ht condor and have basic questions

On 1/11/16 5:45 PM, Mathieu Peyréga wrote:
> when submitting this file with condor_submit, it eventually runs
> everything and all tasks are completed succesfully but I never see the
> machine CPU going up and using all the available ressources as when
> typing a single command with the -cores 8 options which shows a 100% cpu
> usage in windows task monitor.

Start by running condor_status on your execute node. This will list all
of the slots available. If you have 8 cores then you should see slot1@
through slot8@. If you see fewer than 8 then you probably need to change
NUM_CPUs in condor_config.local:

  NUM_CPUS = 8

If your software runs better with one stream per core then you can
disable hyperthreads counting as CPUs in condor_config.local:

  COUNT_HYPERTHREAD_CPUS = FALSE

--
Rich Pieri <ratinox@xxxxxxx>
MIT Laboratory for Nuclear Science