Re: [HTCondor-users] Subject: Re-release of RPMs for HTCondor 8.4.3 and 8.5.1

I fixed up the repository meta-data this morning so that the 8.4.3-2 RPMs should be available now. Let us know if you have further difficulties.

...Tim

On 01/13/2016 10:34 AM, Todd Tannenbaum wrote:
On 1/13/2016 9:44 AM, Michael V Pelletier wrote:
From: Tim Theisen <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 01/08/2016 04:05 PM

 > The HTCondor team is re-releasing the RPMs for 8.4.3 and 8.5.1.
 > A recent change to correct problems with Standard Universe in the
 > RPM packaging resulted in unoptimized binaries to be packaged.
 > The new RPMs have optimized binaries.

The downloads page on the site does not have the RHEL RPMs for 8.4.3,
and the htcondor-stable repo is still showing 8.4.3-1 as the latest
release.

         -Michael Pelletier.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we will investigate and fix.

I am not the person familiar with native packaging, but at first blush it looks like the RPMs themselves are indeed in the repo but maybe the repo meta information was not properly updated.

For instance, at URL
  http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/yum/stable/rhel6/
the file condor-8.4.3-2.el6.x86_64.rpm is indeed present. Perhaps that can get you by until the repo issue is fixed (hopefully soon).

regards
Todd

Tim Theisen
Release Manager