Re: [HTCondor-users] why does htcondor change sysctl params, and why is this done outside of /etc/sysctl.{d, conf} ?

On 01/14/2016 05:06 AM, SCHAER Frederic wrote:

And unfortunately, there is no obvious (to me) option to change that, nothing in /etc/sysctl.conf or better /etc/sysctl.d, and no way to permanently override this setting.

Unfortunately, my monitoring is looking at all processes between 1 and pid_max… and this setting is causing useless load on servers – and it is killing some VMs which I use for dev.

The condor_master runs a script at startup that tunes various system parameters so that HTCondor can scale up out of the box.

This script is in the location pointed to by the HTcondor parameter LINUX_KERNEL_TUNING_SCRIPT, and if you undefine that parameter, no tuning script will be run.

-greg