From: HTCondor-users [mailto:htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mathieu Peyréga
Sent: Monday, January 18, 2016 6:02 AM
To: HTCondor-Users Mail List <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [HTCondor-users] Windows, Samba share and Run as owner

Hello,

I'm still in my first trials with HTCondor version :

Z:\test_condor>condor_version
$CondorVersion: 8.4.3 Dec 15 2015 BuildID: 352143 $
$CondorPlatform: x86_64_Windows7 $

and trying to setup a Windows pool.

After my initial issues, I'm now able to properly run a one machine setup (yeah !) but only when data is stored on the local hard drive.

When trying to access the data on a Samba share (mounted as z: drive), in order to avoid unnecessary input file copy, I'm facing the fact that the LocalSystem user is denied the access to those shares It seem that I have to enable the RunAsOwner feature.

However, despite following the user manuel and various web tutorials I cannot succeed.

I attached the current configuration of condor_config, condor_config.local and condor_config.local.credd (correctly referenced from condor_config) which all three stays in c:\condor (default installation directory)

All the deamons are running (included condor_credd) on the machine called LUTECE, no NT Domain (only Windows WORKGROUP), under user Mathieu

I've been trying to add the credentials on the ways found from various sources, but the command line

Z:\test_condor>condor_status -f "%s\t" Name -f "%s\n"
ifThenElse(isUndefined(LocalCredd),\"UNDEF\",LocalCredd)

always returns

slot1@LUTECE    UNDEF
slot2@LUTECE    UNDEF
slot3@LUTECE    UNDEF
slot4@LUTECE    UNDEF
slot5@LUTECE    UNDEF
slot6@LUTECE    UNDEF
slot7@LUTECE    UNDEF
slot8@LUTECE    UNDEF

which let me think that those credential are not applied.

And condor_submit results in idle jobs where condor_q -analyze explains that requierements are not matched :

Suggestions:

    Condition                         Machines Matched    Suggestion
1   ( .RIGHT.HasWindowsRunAsOwner && ( .RIGHT.LocalCredd is "LUTECE" ) )
                                      0                   REMOVE

HasWindowsRunAsOwner seems well defined, so the issue is the .LocalCredd which is undefined.

Does someone have any clue ?

Best regards,

Mathieu

--