Re: [HTCondor-users] Different groupids on submit host and execute node possible ?

Hi Brian,

the intended use is the following:
We have many users that work in different projects.
Each project has its own work-group-server where people develop code, test, and submit jobs.
Each project also has its own NFS server/space where people within the project share files.

It has turned out that people are very bad at setting or changing appropriate group ownerships of their files.
So, they write files, the files belong to their primary group, even if this is not the project they intended.
We have tried the SETGID bit on filesystem level, but it turned out this did not work reliably.

We currently have a system where the primary group is set at login time via SSSD on the work-group-server.
The current batch system (still SoGE) takes the primary group id used at submit time to execute the job.

Best,

Yves