[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [HTCondor-users] Accounting Groups
- Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2016 20:55:44 +0000
- From: Steven C Timm <timm@xxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] Accounting Groups
One thing we did for a long time at Fermilab was to have a wrapper around condor_submit that
just appended the AccountingGroup attribute to the classad based on the GID of the user.
We also used the presence or absence of an AccountingGroup in PREEMPTION_REQUIREMENTS, i.e. anyone who did not specify an AccountingGroup could be pre-empted, and also used it in RANK statements if we wanted to give a certain group preference on nodes they bought.
From: HTCondor-users <htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Iain Bradford Steers <iain.steers@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, June 1, 2016 3:47:11 PM
To: HTCondor-Users Mail List
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] Accounting Groups
Accounting Groups are the way that HTCondor can assign resources out to schedds/jobs via claims.
They work based on pie-spin and can be specified as either dynamic fractions or whole numbers.
1. The recommendation is that you add the accounting groups in a new file within /etc/condor/config.d/. As both condor_config and condor_config.local can be overridden by rpm/condor upgrade.
2. The accounting group can be specified in the job submit file using accounting_group = “”. However there’s no direct concept of group membership for accounting-groups. People usually solve this with SUBMIT_ATTRS on the schedd or by checking membership with a SUBMIT_REQUIREMENT.
3. You could make the START expression for the machine an expression of whether the accounting group.
START = (target.AccountingGroup =?= “group_target.user.group”)
> On Jun 1, 2016, at 22:38, Marc Jackson - NOAA Affiliate <marc.jackson@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello All,
> I am very new to HTCondor. I am attempting to understand how the accounting groups work. I have a few questions for anyone that can assist me:
> 1. Do the accounting groups have to be added to the condor_config.local file on the Master node?
> 2. Is there ANY way to add users to the accounting groups?
> 3. Is there a way to assign machines to the accounting groups?
> Thanks in advance to anyone that can give me some assistance. I really appreciate this!
> HTCondor-users mailing list
> To unsubscribe, send a message to htcondor-users-request@xxxxxxxxxxx with a
> subject: Unsubscribe
> You can also unsubscribe by visiting
> The archives can be found at: