Re: [HTCondor-users] File last modification time or job last write() attribute?

From: Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 06/01/2016 04:05 PM

> On 06/01/2016 01:13 PM, Michael V Pelletier wrote:
>
> > Perhaps this idea could be expressed more generally as a "watchdog
> > service" for a job.
>
> I wonder if
>  periodic_remove = /my/checker/script $(ARG)|
> would do the trick.

Good idea! Meshes nicely with the existing grammar!

Hm, though error communications from the checker script to the user
become a bit opaque - the only thing the periodic_hold_reason could
say would be that the checker script returned false, but not why.
But then again I suppose the checker could chirp an update
to the hold reason attribute.

This isn't already an undocumented feature of condor_submit, is it?

        -Michael Pelletier.
_