Re: [HTCondor-users] qedit question

Hi Don,

Yes, the combination of bash and HTCondor string escaping rules is quite painful.

The correct string that needs to be passed to HTCondor is âabc-defâ.  However, bash will remove the double-quotes before handing the argument to condor.

To protect the double quotes, you need to use single quotes.  That is, type the following into the terminal:

condor_qedit ... ProjectName ââabc-defâ'

(in case the font renders poorly, the sequence of characters âsingle-quote double-quote abc-def double-quote single-quoteâ).

Brian