Re: [HTCondor-users] qedit question

Thanks very much.

Both ways work.

Best - Don

From: HTCondor-users [mailto:htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John M Knoeller
Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2016 7:39 AM
To: htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] qedit question

I suspect that you are thinking of this as a string value,  but you are actually setting ProjectName to a

_expression_ (the result of subtracting def from abc).   The fact the def and abc are undefined attributes

in the job ad doesn't prevent qedit from treating this as an _expression_.

If you want to set a string value, you need to wrap the value in double-quotes so that qedit knows

that you meant to set a string value rather than an _expression_.

condor_qedit <jobid> ProjectName \"abd-def\"