Re: [HTCondor-users] negotiator questions

From: Brian Bockelman <bbockelm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 03/07/2016 10:01 AM

> The schedd, however, is more sensitive to number of queued jobs.  Each
> takes up somewhere in the neighborhood of 50KB of RAM and a small amount
> of CPU time (which becomes noticeable once there are tens of thousands of
> idle jobs).

I can say from personal experience that there has been massive improvement
in this respect in recent versions, from later 8.2 into 8.4. I've had
situations where there's been hundreds of thousands of jobs queued in a
given scheduler, and the only real problem we ran into was condor_q's
proclivity to list every last one of those jobs. Had to bump up the the
condor_q's timeout value for a while before the improvements came out.

        -Michael Pelletier.