[HTCondor-users] How to use condor_chirp?

Hi all,

I would like to inject some system information into jobs' ClassAds.
As I understand condor_chirp, I cannot inject/manipulate ClassAds on a
worker for a running job, but only during submission. (I assume, that
~/.job.ad is where a job keeps its ClassAds [1] -- but can I inject it
from outside the job 'properly'?)

We get our grid jobs currently via an ARC-CE so I suppose the best place
would be there (where?) to enable the communication token by appending
+WantIOProxy = TRUE
to job submissions scripts, or?

I am not sure, where to actually call condor_chirp on the worker?
My best guess is so far, to find the template for the job wrappers, i.e.,
/var/lib/condor/execute/dir_*/condor_exec.exe
and chirp from it, or? Probably starting a separate thread for updating
changing ClassAds.
Would that be reasonable or is there a better way?
Where would I find the wrapper for condor_exec.exe?

Cheers and thanks,
  Thomas

[1]
> cat /proc/`ps axf | grep "/bin/bash -l /var/lib/condor/execute/dir" |
tail -n1 | cut -d " " -f 2`/environ  | tr '\0' '\n' | grep "_CONDOR_JOB_AD"
_CONDOR_JOB_AD=/var/lib/condor/execute/dir_38259/.job.ad