Re: [HTCondor-users] How to use condor_chirp?

On 03/14/2016 11:44 AM, Thomas Hartmann wrote:
Hi all,

I would like to inject some system information into jobs' ClassAds.
As I understand condor_chirp, I cannot inject/manipulate ClassAds on a
worker for a running job, but only during submission. (I assume, that
~/.job.ad is where a job keeps its ClassAds [1] -- but can I inject it
from outside the job 'properly'?)

Thomas:

With the chirp protocol, and the condor_chirp command-line tool, you
can update classad attributes for a running job, from within the running job,
on the worker node.  There is a write-only copy of the job ad, as you found,
in $_CONDOR_SCRATCH_DIR/.job.ad, but that is only written once by condor,
at the start of job execution.  Any changes to that file are ignored.

-Greg