[HTCondor-users] Defining `START` from external program

Hello,

I have a script which can determine whether a condor worker is correctly
provisioned for accepting jobs (checks mount points, network
availability,..).  I would like to periodically run this script and tie
the resulting exit code the `START` parameter.  In the past I have
successfully used a cronjob STARTD_ATTRS, however, this requires all
submit files to appropriately put the parameter in their requirements
list.

Is this possible?  Can anyone point me to documentation for this?

HtCondor 8.4.4 for Ubuntu 14.04 (8.4.4-355883-ubuntu14).

--
CjHanks