[HTCondor-users] Schedd RAM usage exploding after condor_hold of 10k jobs

Dear experts,

I am trying to understand the schedd behaviour I witnessed today.
After sending 10k (bad) jobs to hold status, the RAM usage of the condor_schedd process exploded (see attached png).

The job_queue log is now 9.3GB and contains all ClassAds of the held jobs (I assume this is what is causing the RAM usage).
This was not the case when the jobs where idle. Is this behaviour expected?
Can I do something to prevent this from happening?

Cheers,
Luke