Re: [HTCondor-users] File last modification time or job last write() attribute?

From: Iain Bradford Steers <iain.steers@xxxxxxx>
Date: 05/25/2016 01:37 PM

> Hi Michael,
>
> Iâm not aware of an existing classad attr that gives that information.

> In theory condor_chirp could be used to update a timestamp of the last
> file write to those files.

> Scalability would have me concerned but perhaps you could register an
> inotify watcher in the user_job_wrapper and have a condor_chirp call as
> part of the inotify callback.

> Cheers, Iain

The inotify idea is interesting, though I would definitely see scalability
challenges with that approach. Wouldn't want to chirp on every write, that's
for sure. The 5-minute interval of the update_job_info hook seems
like it would address scalability concerns but still keep enough
granularity to make the data useful in expressions. But being able to do
it without occupying the HookKeyword would be handy too.

Thanks for the suggestion!

        -Michael Pelletier.