Re: [HTCondor-users] condor_submit and condor_q returning inconsistent QDate values

On 11/14/2016 11:22 AM, Lukas Koschmieder wrote:
Hi,

I've observed that the QDate returned by condor_submit doesn't always
match the "actual" QDate returned by condor_q (or condor_history).
According to the manual, QDate is the "Time at which the job was
submitted to the job queue". So why isn't QDate immutable?

Regards,
Lukas

Hi Lukas,

Are you saying when you do "condor_submit -verbose" (so you see the full ad being submitted, not just the job id), the QDate attribute has a different value then what appears in the queue?

Are you running v8.4.x ? The behavior in this area was changed (hopefully improved) in the v8.3 series, so if you are running v8.2.x perhaps there is some strangeness. But all should be good in v8.4.

Re making the attribute immutable, in the v8.5 we added config knob IMMUTABLE_JOB_ATTRS - you could do
  IMMUTABLE_JOB_ATTRS = $(IMMUTABLE_JOB_ATTRS) QDate
in the config of your schedd. See the Manual for details. I suppose adding QDate to the default set of immutable attributes may be a good idea for a future release.

regards
Todd