Re: [HTCondor-users] condor_submit and condor_q returning inconsistent QDate values

Hi Todd,

> Are you saying when you do "condor_submit -verbose" (so you see the full
> ad being submitted, not just the job id), the QDate attribute has a
> different value then what appears in the queue?

Yes, this is exactly what I mean.

I'm using a wrapper script which stores the condor_submit -verbose output in a SQL database. And in approx. 1 of 100 cases these stored QDates do not match the QDates that condor_q/condor_history shows.

In such cases, the offset is always 1 sec, e.g. 1479141547 (condor_submit -verbose) vs. 1479141548 (condor_q -long).

> Are you running v8.4.x ?  The behavior in this area was changed
> (hopefully improved) in the v8.3 series, so if you are running v8.2.x
> perhaps there is some strangeness.  But all should be good in v8.4.

This is my Condor version:
$CondorVersion: 8.4.9 Sep 29 2016 BuildID: 382747 $
$CondorPlatform: x86_64_RedHat7 $

> Re making the attribute immutable, in the v8.5 we added config knob
> IMMUTABLE_JOB_ATTRS - you could do
>    IMMUTABLE_JOB_ATTRS = $(IMMUTABLE_JOB_ATTRS) QDate
> in the config of your schedd.  See the Manual for details.  I suppose
> adding QDate to the default set of immutable attributes may be a good
> idea for a future release.

Okay, I will upgrade my Condor version to 8.5. and enable IMMUTABLE_JOB_ATTRS. I will tell you if that helped.

Regards,
Lukas

Are you saying when you do "condor_submit -verbose" (so you see the full
ad being submitted, not just the job id), the QDate attribute has a
different value then what appears in the queue?

Are you running v8.4.x ?  The behavior in this area was changed
(hopefully improved) in the v8.3 series, so if you are running v8.2.x
perhaps there is some strangeness.  But all should be good in v8.4.

Re making the attribute immutable, in the v8.5 we added config knob
IMMUTABLE_JOB_ATTRS - you could do
   IMMUTABLE_JOB_ATTRS = $(IMMUTABLE_JOB_ATTRS) QDate
in the config of your schedd.  See the Manual for details.  I suppose
adding QDate to the default set of immutable attributes may be a good
idea for a future release.

regards
Todd