Re: [HTCondor-users] $(FULL_HOSTNAME)

On 11/28/2016 5:39 PM, Kandes, Martin wrote:
Hi HTCondor team,

How does HTCondor determine $(FULL_HOSTNAME)? Is there a difference in
how it is determined between EL6 and EL7? I ran into a problem with a
simple, out-of-the-box personal condor pool install not working on EL6
[1] [2], but it is working with no problem on EL7 [3] [4].

I know the problem has something to do with how the local system is
configured. The problem occurs on a CentOS 6 image booted up on a local
OpenStack cluster. However, the error is not observed when I perform the
same install on a CentOS 6 image on AWS.

This is not an urgent matter. But when you get the chance, perhaps you
can provide a possible explanation. I'd like to understand better what
maybe causing the difference in behavior.

Thanks,

Marty
UCSD

Hi Martym

Unfortunately, the answer is complicated, it is different depending upon the version of HTCondor (because things had to change to support IPv6), and is dependent on settings you may have tweaked such as NETWORK_HOSTNAME, NETWORK_INTERFACE, NO_DNS, maybe others.