From: Greg Thain
Date: 2016-11-30 22:39
To: htcondor-users
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] about pid_max
On 11/30/2016 03:06 AM, jiangxw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Dear all,
    /proc/sys/kernel/pid_max will be changed to 4194303 when condor start.
    The defalt value is 32768.
    How can I prevent it happens? Are there some configurations limiting that?
    Wish for replys.

This is done in /usr/libexec/condor/linux_kernel_tuning

Condor does this, so there is no limit on the number of jobs it can run.  You can comment out the line in the script if you don't need to run more than 10,000 jobs concurrently.

-greg