Re: [HTCondor-users] Wading into Windows HTCondor - what's the most important thing you wish you'd known?

Because you mentioned authentication specifically, I'll just list a couple thoughts:

1) On Windows, the FS authentication doesn't exist and NTSSPI is used by default when submitting jobs.  If you run as owner users will need to store their password using condor_store_cred before submitting jobs.

2) If your pool has a mixture of Linux and Windows nodes and you are using daemon-to-daemon authentication, you can use PASSWORD, SSL, or KERBEROS, which are supported by both platforms.

Cheers,
-zach