Re: [HTCondor-users] Wading into Windows HTCondor - what's the most important thing you wish you'd known?

From: Jens Schmaler <jens.schmaler@xxxxxx>
Date: 09/01/2016 12:22 PM

> Hi Michael,
>
> it may not be the most important, but one rather special thing comes to
> my mind here which still causes us a lot of headache and came as a
> surprise:
>
> If you need to run your jobs as owner (=submitting user), the windows
> registry hive of that user will not be loaded for the job session. If
> your jobs need registry access, you are in trouble. Unfortunately, it
> seems that there are currently no plans to change this, probably because
> it is a rather rare combination of requirements.

Thanks for the heads-up on that! It's likely that under the majority of
our prospective Windows pools we will need to run jobs as owner, because
of the government-imposed security requirements that every security-
relevant event on a server (permission denied, etc) must be auditable
to the individual responsible for the event.

Good to know about that registry hive caveat.

        -Michael Pelletier.
_