Re: [HTCondor-users] How to enforce user diversity per node?

On 04/10/2017 07:41 AM, Thomas Hartmann wrote:
So, we are thinking about how to foster the diversity of users per node.
I.e., how to let a node preferably request jobs from other users/groups,
if its currently allocated job slots belong 'mostly' to one user/group -
except if there are no other user/groups waiting or the nominal share
would be highly unfavourable?

Hmm.  One approach might be to create a custom resource (as described in

http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/manual/v8.7/3_7Policy_Configuration.html#SECTION004711200000000000000)

on each machine for jobs that use fuse-mounted filesytems (or maybe only for fuse-heavy jobs), and only allow some small number (one?) of jobs that need fuse mounts to run concurrently on those machines.

-greg