Re: [HTCondor-users] Setting requirements based on availability of a package

On 08/29/2017 03:53 PM, John G Heim wrote:
> I have a question from an end-user of our condor cluster. How can you
> have a condor job prefer nodes that have a particular package installed.

Last I looked, end user can't do that. The admin has to publish it in
startd attributes like Michael said -- for each software/attribute end
users may be interested in.

The best we could figure out is, in a job submit file they can blacklist
a failed node. Then the job can fail on a node that doesn't meet the
specs and get re-scheduled on a different node. Rinse, lather, repeat.

As I recall the syntax was ugly, too: if you want 100 re-tries, you have
to list a 100 "blacklist" nodes in the submit file.

:(
--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin